Welcome to the RacersLounge™
Latest Racing News, Results, Stories, and Photos...
"More FUN than you can shake a
checkered flag at!" ©
"The Pickin' Parlor" is Brought to You By:
The best source for Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Click on the logo above for
The Best Source of Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Forum Navigation
Latest Racing News from www.RACERSLOUNGE.comNews   Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMembers  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp

RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
  Racerslounge Message Forums : The PICKIN' PARLOR
Subject Topic: Coyote Racing and friends (photos)
Active Users Online Now:   8 Active Users , 8 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-06-2007 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

It's hanging on the wall in my garage.

(Sue wouldn't let me hang it in the family room.......)

Retired Champ
Retired Champ

Posted: February-07-2007 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote RW  

Hey Lynn, what's the matter with Sue? Doesn't she realize good family room decor when she sees it? HA HA HA HA

By the way, who dressed up inside the Coyote outfit? Is it "Van_84?"
Back to Top View RW's My Profile Search for other posts by RW Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Van_84
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-07-2007 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

no, I was never that tall...LOLZ
Back to Top View Van_84's My Profile Search for other posts by Van_84 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:40pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Change of pace again..... This another of the "straight line" cars.

RW gives me a hard time, saying that our NASCAR Late Models are underpowered. He would like this one. This '65 Nova Wagon is powered by a Chevy engine that shows 740+ hp on the dyno sheets. (RW would have liked the Pro Mod pictured above even better.... it had a 502 c.i. motor which produced about 1200 hp. The Nova Wagon is currently stored away and hasn't competed since 1997. The driver was Russell Stacy, and the car was IHRA World Record holder for it's class in 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996..... also winner of two IHRA national events during that period.

I made this picture during a special match race competition at the 1/8 mile mountain-top drag strip in Beckley, WV, in 1995.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on November-27-2008 at 6:43am

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-08-2007 at 12:09am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Hey RW.... I will say this... "Race Driver Wile E. Coyote" was actually female and three different ladies who took turns being Wile E.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-08-2007 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

An open practice session at North Wilkesboro Speedway in the fall of 1995.

Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:09pm | IP Logged Quote dirttracker63  

Now that is AWESOME!!  Getting to practice at North Wilkesboro!  Cool man that is just awesome!  See that is why I have been trying to get Wayne Estes to let us Mod Mini's be a support race to the UARA races at Bristol.  I mean Harold Crook puts on both the UARA races and the big mini stock races at the end of the year.  I would love to race once at BMS! 
Back to Top View dirttracker63's My Profile Search for other posts by dirttracker63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

This was an open practice for the fall NASCAR Late Model event which used to be an annual affair at North Wilkesboro. We raced there many times over the years, and in fact the fiirst photo in this thread was made at the fall NASCAR Busch Series event of 1984. Wilkesboro was always one of our favorite places to race.

In the early and mid 90's the annual NASCAR Late Model event at Wilkesboro was televised by ESPN. In 1994 we had two Quality Construction & Equipment cars in the event with Robbie Ferguson in the #32 and Tommy Spangler in the #23.

Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:46pm | IP Logged Quote dirttracker63  

Do you own or have anything to do with any race cars now SR2?  (besides lettering them)
Back to Top View dirttracker63's My Profile Search for other posts by dirttracker63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-08-2007 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

I still have the #00 Late Model car. Just do not have the time to go racing any more, and probably won't ever run a car of my own again. We had a lot of success and a lot of fun over the years...... have 65 feature winner trophies sitting on shelves and in display cases in our family room which date back to 1982.... Have IHRA cerificates for Super Stock class records for five consecutive years. Our Late Models cars won more races at LPR than any other team over the years, with drivers Tommy Spangler, Robbie Ferguson, Brad Teague and Karen Schulz. I had a car in the first ever Busch Series events at Bristol and Daytona, and I took my #00 Grand Prix back to LPR to run what appears to have been the last ever Late Model event at LPR. We had a lot of good times and good experiences over the years.

By the way.... we discussed this on here back at the time, but that #00 Grand Prix had not been on the race track since 1997 until we took it back in 2005 for that one event. Since 2002 it had been used only as a show car for the JohnBoy & Billy Rock'n Racing Team and JohnBoy & Billy Genuine Mountain Spring Water. Robbie Ferguson came back to drive the car in that one event, started up front and was in position to win one more for Coyote Racing when the brakes "burned off" at lap 48. he drove the final 52 laps with absolutely no brakes and brought the car home 3rd.

........won't ever run a car of my own again......?   well.... I won't say "never".   HA HA    Might just show up again sometime somewhere with a Coyote Racing car....

Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: February-08-2007 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote dirttracker63  

Do you have a picture of the #00 Grand Prix you are talking about?
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-08-2007 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Here is the "River Rat" NASCAR Busch Series car, with Tommy Hilbert at the wheel, at North Wilkesboro Speedway in 1983.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-08-2007 at 2:39pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

For some photos of my #00 Grand Prix click on this link:

http://www.racerslounge.com/Lonesome_Pine_Raceway.htm

I will post a couple from show events and the race which Robbie ran in the car later. (A little background on the number change.... It was done for the Big Show group and in relation to the water product. If you look real close, you will see that there is a Candy Apple Purple "H" in front of the number.... hence H20..... )

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-09-2007 at 12:57am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

This was the very first lap on the track for my first "store bought" tube chassis NASCAR Late Model car. The year was 1979, the track was Kingsport Speedway, the chassis was built by Mike Laughlin and the driver was Connie Saylor. This car was all hand lettered by Jerry Honeycutt of Johnson City. We didn't use vinyl lettering back then, it was painted on.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-09-2007 at 2:17am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

At the end of the 1996 season my Coyote Racing Team ran two cars with Brad Teague in the black #99 and Karen Schulz in the White #66. In 1997 Wayne Hale was driving my #99 car and Karen was again driving her own #12 car. We were not having a good year, and after two "wipe out" crashes in a row late in the season, I decided to just park the #99. That same night I told Karen that she was welcome to use anything she wanted from my car. The next week we put some of my stuff on her #12. She was fastest qualifier for the Late Model feature that weekend! The following Saturday, Karen brought me the picture below of her all smiles with the "fast qualifier" plaque.

The story didn't end there though..... The weekend that she brought me this picture she also won the Late Model feature event! That was Karen's last Late Model win.... and mine. The next year, 1998, we decided to go USAR Hooters Pro Cup racing and did that for the next three years.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-09-2007 at 2:21am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Here we are at Tri County Speedway near Hudson, NC, for a Hooters ProCup event ....

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-09-2007 at 2:27am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

This picture was made at the 1999 USAR Hooters Pro Cup year end awards banquet. That's Karen's dad Herm on the right.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-09-2007 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

The Coyote Racing #00 JohnBoy & Billy Genuine Mountain Spring Water Grand Prix

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on February-10-2007 at 12:47am

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-09-2007 at 8:41am | IP Logged Quote BugMan  

Man I like that car!!!!

Hey Woo-Woo....think I can put that one in the "spin-cycle"?

Back to Top View BugMan's My Profile Search for other posts by BugMan Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-09-2007 at 10:43pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

A great friend and a fine gentleman.... Brad Teague drove the Coyote Racing #99 in 1996. We only ran about half the races at LPIR that year, but Brad won one pole and raced to one feature win. More importantly, he was voted by the fans as LPIR's "Most Popular Driver" by the largest margin ever for the track.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-09-2007 at 11:06pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Sometimes the front lawn is the best place to get a good picture.......... The year was 1997.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-10-2007 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Hey "Van 84"..... Not many people are aware that the Elliott's had a driver development program 20+ years ago.... and that they had a young driver just barely 2 years old.    HA HA  Do you remember your days making appearances with Bill Elliott as a team mate?

Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: February-10-2007 at 5:49pm | IP Logged Quote raceparrot  

Hey SPR2,

I have a signed 8x10 photo of Brad T. at Bristol.  He is driving the #52 Quadrex/ Ramey Ford/ John Boy and Billy Big Show/Pabst Blue Ribbon Ford.  I don't know the year, but Brad signed this pic for me last year.

Can you elaborate?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:25pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

That was a special one race deal we put together for Brad and the Jimmy Means owned #52 for the August, 2005 Busch Series event at Bristol.

The car also had JohnBoy & Billy Genuine Mountain Spring Water and RacersLounge.com...... and Pro Image Racing Graphics logos on it.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on February-10-2007 at 8:26pm

Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: February-10-2007 at 9:12pm | IP Logged Quote raceparrot  

I didn't mean to miss those sponsorships bro,  just didn't see them on the car.  I was honored to meet Brad, he is a class act!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-10-2007 at 9:30pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

That he is!

With the support of my good friend Fred England of New Tazewell, TN, (who is the owner of the JohnBoy & Billy Genuine Mountain Spring Water product), and Tom Brewer of High Point, NC, who is owner of the JohnBoy & Billy Rock'n Racing Team and who controlled the allocation of Pabst Brewing's sponsorship funds, we did that deal for the Bristol event. We also had small Pabst Blue Ribbon logos on the car for the spring event, and had run the JB&B GMSW logo on the Means car whenever Brad drove it for events in 2004 and 2005. 

Question is.... Did you like the way the car looked? That was a Pro Image Racing Graphics design.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on February-10-2007 at 10:39pm

Track Owner
Track Owner

Posted: February-10-2007 at 9:53pm | IP Logged Quote James K  

Hey Lynn I think that was the year you about ran me into the ground making trips back to the offical Pro-Image moblie graphics truck.......

Back to Top View James K's My Profile Search for other posts by James K Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-10-2007 at 10:01pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

HA HA.... We did do that!

James K has helped me with applying race car graphics on a number of occasions, but at least a couple of times at BMS we have about run him to death "hoofing it" in and out of the track to get stuff from the truck parked outside. 

Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: February-10-2007 at 10:14pm | IP Logged Quote raceparrot  

It must have been a spring event then, because the JB&B/ Pabst/ Ramey logos were smaller and behind the doors on the rear.  I think the graphics POPPED off of the car, the white door numbers along with the gold and red in "Quadrex"  looked fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could post pics............

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-10-2007 at 10:28pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

The picture you have is the August 2005 car. We only had the Quadrex logos on it that one time... hood and quarter panels. We had PBR, JB&B GMSW, RacersLounge.com, and Ramey Ford and Clinch Valley Printing in lower quarter associate spots, JB&B BigShow.com and ProImageGraphics.com on the C-post, a small Ramey Ford on the forward edge of the hood..... had large Pabst Blue Ribbon on the deck lid and rear panel.

The #52 car for the spring 2005 race was very similar, but had Fastec Corp. on the hood and quarter panels.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on February-10-2007 at 10:29pm

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-11-2007 at 12:40am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Here is the car from the spring race of 2005 at Bristol.

Photo by Randall Perry, RPM Photos

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on February-11-2007 at 12:42am

Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: February-11-2007 at 7:21am | IP Logged Quote raceparrot  

That's one fine lookin' ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Great Job!!!!!!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Hey "raceparrott".... Here is the special Bristol car from August 2005. This is the one which you have the 8x10 of. It has large PBR logos on the deck lid and on the TV panel, but they don't show in this shot.

photo by Randall Perry, RPM Photos

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-11-2007 at 9:39am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

And... while we are on the subject of special edition Brad Teague cars done by Pro Image Graphics for BMS events, here is the Ramey Ford/Hobart Sales & Equipment car of a couple of years ago. This image is from the special autograph card which Randall Perry did for Brad.

Notice that on this car the JB&B Genuine Mountain Spring Water and JB&B BigShow.com logos are on the lower quarter behind the door number.

Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: February-11-2007 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote raceparrot  

That would be the one, and why I missed them.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-11-2007 at 10:50am | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

SpeedRacer2 wrote:

Hey "Van 84"..... Not many people are aware that the Elliott's had a driver development program 20+ years ago.... and that they had a young driver just barely 2 years old.    HA HA  Do you remember your days making appearances with Bill Elliott as a team mate?

I just wanted to go fast back in those days, but mom kept me in my stroller, which caused me to miss qualifying. When I failed to make the race at my hometown track, Elliott abandoned the Toddler Development Program. It's a shame too though, it's done wonders for Hendrick Motorsports and Kyle Busch.
Back to Top View Van_84's My Profile Search for other posts by Van_84 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-11-2007 at 11:59am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

..... and he is telling the truth on the stroller. I have pictures of Shawn on the race track at BMS in his stroller and Elliott driving suit. His mom was pushing, but never could quite get up to competitive speed. Another problem encountered in that early driver development deal was that Shawn could only see out of the actual #9 Ford while standing in the seat. That, too, presented a problem with getting up to speed..... or even moving. Hence, Shawn was relegated to learning the PR side of the deal, was restricted to "meet the fans" sessions and actually got quite good at scrawling out an "autograph" (for a 2-year-old) and smiling for pictures. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-13-2007 at 1:11am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Karen Schulz and me at LPR in 1996 when we ran the two car Piggly Wiggly sponsored team with Karen in the #66 and Brad Teague in the #99.

Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:24am | IP Logged Quote racer80  

LYNN, THAT IS THE PRO CUP CAR, THAT I GOT FROM KAREN,THE LAST RACE IT WAS RUN WAS AT SALEM IN O4, FINISHED 5TH BUT THE CAR WAS DONE AFTER THAT RACE,IT IS BEHIND THE SHOP NOW.......DONE
Back to Top View racer80's My Profile Search for other posts by racer80 Visit racer80's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

For clarification to other forum members, "Racer80" is referring to the #89 Grand Prix pictured on the previous page. Yep, that was a good car. Karen had some good runs in it and you did as well. Best I remember, when you picked that car up over at Karen's shop near Statesville it needed a bit of "wreck repair" then didn't it?

Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Posted: February-13-2007 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote racer80  

FIREWALL FORWARD. WE TOOK IT TO A FRAME PULLER, HAD IT PULLED AND REPLACED PARTS AND WENT RACING, LOOKING BACK IT WAS LIKE US GOING TO A GUN FIGHT WITH NOTHING AT ALL, THE CAR WAS GOOD BUT THAT MONEY THING ALWAYS GETS IN THE WAY,I SHOULD HAVE STAYED ON THE FRONT PORCH.... BUT IT WAS A FUN YEAR,GOT TO RUN ALOT OF TRACKS AND MEET SOME NICE PEOPLE ALONG THE WAY, FINISHED 13TH IN POINTS.
Back to Top View racer80's My Profile Search for other posts by racer80 Visit racer80's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-24-2007 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

<FONT color=white size=2>Here is the car of the 1978 season. This picture was made at Kingsport Speedway. The driver was Jim DeVault of Jonesborough, TN. Crew chief was Wayne Poarch of Johnson City, TN. Our sponsors were Shoney's and Captain D's of the Tri-Cities. No decals on this car either. Everything was painted on.... hand lettered by Jerry Honeycutt of Johnson City.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on July-03-2016 at 10:41pm

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-24-2007 at 10:32am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

One of my best friends and a long-time racing partner, David Roope of Abingdon, VA. David and I teamed up for a number of years to race NASCAR Late Model cars, and his expertise as a crew chief/team manager made our cars consistent winners. This picture was made at LPIR in 1994. David is today one of the most "in demand" consultants and crew chiefs around, by both veteran campaigners and the up-and-coming young drivers. He is currently working as crew chief and consultant with young Jeffrey Earnhardt within the DEI Development Program.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-24-2007 at 1:37pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

At Daytona in 1983 with our "River Rat" #72. Tommy Hilbert was the driver. Gary Duncan was crew chief and engine builder. David Fowler was the body man and Gary's "right arm". Our crew was Danny Francis, Johnny Puckett, Steve Treadway and me. We also had two honorary crewmen with us at this event..... WCYB-TV's then Sports Director Lee Nolan and WCYB-TV videographer Jimmy Denton.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on May-28-2011 at 6:26am

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-24-2007 at 4:10pm | IP Logged Quote Van_84  

I just thought of something, you used to run the #23 back in the day! My college baseball uniform was #23. I had always thought that I had chosen that number because my old high school number (#3) was taken when I got to VIC, but it appears as if my inner mind picked it out for a different reason perhaps?

I remember David Roope, I wonder if he'd remember me?
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-24-2007 at 5:03pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Actually, 23 was and is David's number.

When David and I teamed up in 1993, the #23 Chevy Baretta was his car. Then in the winter of 1994 I had the new Pontiac TransAm built and we put my #99 on it. In 1996 we ran David's new Monte Carlo #23 at Kingsport Speedway and my #99 Pontiac at Coeburn. A couple of times we ran both cars at either Kingsport or Coeburn on the same night. 

Track Champion
Track Champion

Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:42pm | IP Logged Quote susieqtoo  

Lots of great pictures and comments  Speed Racer keep up the good work. I have got a lot of pictures when I get time to dig them out I might post some. You might even be in some of them  Ha.

Back to Top View susieqtoo's My Profile Search for other posts by susieqtoo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-27-2007 at 9:05pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

No doubt.... HA HA

And you know "susieqtoo" that I have quite a few pictures to post from when we teamed with Robbie. At the end of the 2005 season when we decided to get the old #00 out of retirement and run it one more time for "old time's sake", I asked Russell Stacy who he wanted to drive. He bounced the question back at me.... then almost in unison we both said "Let's call Robbie!"   That sure was fun getting the old gang back together that evening! Could you believe that it had been eleven years since we all teamed up for the '94 season?

Track Owner
Track Owner

Posted: March-01-2007 at 1:06pm | IP Logged Quote James K  

Hey Lynn We need some more pics!!!!!!!!

Do ya have any of the old enduro cars that use to race at LPR. That use to be some wild racing action there.........

Back to Top View James K's My Profile Search for other posts by James K Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: March-01-2007 at 2:38pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

As a matter of fact I do......

Did you know that Coyote Racing made a "one and only" Enduro appearance in 1995?  I will post a picture or two and the story......

It was a weekend for our team to unwind and have some fun, and a good time was had by all.   HA HA

Page of 5
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version