Welcome to the RacersLounge™
Latest Racing News, Results, Stories, and Photos...
"More FUN than you can shake a
checkered flag at!" ©
"The Pickin' Parlor" is Brought to You By:
The best source for Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Click on the logo above for
The Best Source of Commercial and Racing Graphics!
Forum Navigation
Latest Racing News from www.RACERSLOUNGE.comNews   Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMembers  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp

RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
  Racerslounge Message Forums : The PICKIN' PARLOR
Subject Topic: Thoughts for today........
Active Users Online Now:   10 Active Users , 10 Guest(s) and 0 Member(s)
Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SpeedRacer2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-11-2012 at 8:30am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly.

~Andy Rooney~

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2012 at 9:59pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

How does an uninformed buffoon such as Piers Morgan actually get PAID to put on such an idiotic display as he just did on CNN??????

How dare he charge that all gun owners are accomplices to mass murder!

I'm only one person among many millions, but I will never watch CNN BS again.

It is understandable and totally expected that we are all emotional this weekend .. but that is noexcuse to be an idiot.

Isn't it amazing that none of these do-gooders with all the answers ever mentions how so many of today's young people have grown up in front of their video games blowing people and warlocks and zombies away .. and learning that success is body count .. They go from their virtual mass murders to real mass murders and it is the fault of law abiding gun owners.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-01-2013 at 12:38pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

In 1776, Thomas Paine wrote:

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. ...
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."

As we enter the year 2013, almost 237 years after Paine wrote those words, we are again in times that try men’s souls. Putting America back on the path of freedom may not be easy - but “the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.”

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-01-2013 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

As I get older it seems my mind wanders a lot. That wouldn't be all that bad if it would take me with it.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-04-2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

“Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.”

~ Gary Kowalski, The Souls of Animals ~

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-07-2013 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Some interesting news has surfaced in the wake of the latest push for gun control by President Obama and Senate Democrats. Obama sends his kids to a school where armed guards are routinely used as a matter of fact.

The school, Sidwell Friends School in Washington, DC, has 11 armed security officers and is seeking to hire an additional officer.

If you dismiss this by saying, “Of course they have armed guards, they get Secret Service protection,” then you’ve missed the larger point.

The larger point is that this is standard operating procedure for this school, period. This school has a staff of armed security guards regardless of whether the president has children in attendance or not. With the president's daughters in attendance, Sidwell has Secret Service agents in addition to the regular contingent of armed security. This is the reason people like NBC’s David Gregory also send their kids to Sidwell. They know their kids will be protected from carnage such as that which befell kids at a school where armed guards weren’t used (and weren’t even allowed). Yet, both the president and NBC's Gregory mocked the very idea of placing trained armed security in the nation's schools. .... Necessary for their children, but to them a laughable idea for your children and grandchildren.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-26-2013 at 11:16am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

“I will stand with (Muslims) should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

~ Barack Obama, from his book "The Audacity of Hope" ~

The winds certainly have shifted. Political tornadoes are part of the Arab Spring. Could it be that Obama’s most strategic goals are compromise, compassion and a coupling with Islam? If true, it borders on a treason against the Judeo-Christian values that shaped Western civilization and the United States. Yet the President’s goal becomes more achievable as we waste our time defending something that not even he can yet take away from us: our 2nd Amendment rights.

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on January-26-2013 at 11:37am

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January-29-2013 at 7:15pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

According to a new study, as much as 81 percent of people lie on online dating websites. Researchers said they were surprised by how many people actually hate long walks on the beach at sunset.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: February-02-2013 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

"My goal is for gun owners to cower in shame."

~ Attorney General Eric Holder ~

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May-12-2013 at 6:47am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

~ Proverbs 31:28 KJV ~

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May-19-2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-08-2013 at 10:40pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-18-2013 at 6:22pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

I'm sure that some would say that it's only because I am getting older and less tolerant of ineptitude ... but today has been one of those days ... of dealing with ineptitude. The day started off with trying to locate the monthly shipment of my wife's medical supplies. Per UPS tracking it was to have arrived yesterday. A package of one month's supplies, from the same medical supply distributor, has arrived at our house every month for the past 12 months.  I looked at the UPS tracking report this morning and it showed "Transferred to post office" at 1:56 p.m. yesterday.  Transferred to local Post Office? Yep, that's what it said.   I was AT the local post office, at the counter, yesterday at about 3:45.  I had no package to pick up. Just happened that yesterday I was actually looking for another package which had been shipped by mail, an item I had bought on eBay. It wasn't there yet ... but nobody mentioned this package which was clearly marked "URGENT MEDICAL SUPPLIES", which apparently had been delivered to the post office by UPS almost two hours earlier. So, this morning I made a hurried trip to the post office, about 16 miles round trip, to pick up a package which we paid to have delivered to our door.  First thing was, "What's your box number?"  (a box which we have had at that post office since 1973 ... that's 40 years best I can cypher. I explained that it wouldn't have my box number on it because it was shipped to our physical address ... so they go look .. and came back with the package, and a comment which ticked off an old guy ..... The comment was, "You're just lucky you came in when you did, because this was ready to be returned."    I asked incredulously, "RETURNED?!? Why?"     Response? "This is NOT a valid address".  I said "It most certainly is. That's been our address for a long time. It's our assigned 911 physical address".  I asked if they didn't see the markings on the box and know that it was medical supplies needed by the person who it was addressed to.   Response, "If the address is not good all we can do is send it back."   I then asked, "How many PO Boxes do you have rented to folks with the same last name as me?"    They didn't know. I told them to look in the phone book and see how many people with the same last name as me even have a listed phone in this county ... think about how many women in this county have the same name as my wife ... and then just take a blind stab at who the package might belong to.

Anyway .. turned out that the package was actually shipped from the medical supply distributor to our post office for delivery to us instead of being shipped directly to us via UPS as had been done for the past year. When we got back home from our appointment with Sue's oncologist this afternoon, I contacted the medical supply distributor in Somerset NJ, and asked WHY they shipped it to the post office for delivery to us. Response? "Your physical address doesn't show as a valid address in our system sir, so we could not ship to it" .... (even though they had for the previous 12 months).  I then asked, "well, if you had to ship it to the post office, WHY did you just not mail it and send it to our PO Box, which is the mailing address you send all the paperwork to?"    Response?  "Oh, we can't ship to a PO Box sir. Only to a physical address. We only ship by UPS and UPS won't accept a PO Box."

I just gave up ..... Common sense just isn't very common these days. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-29-2013 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

An Obituary printed in the London Times....

... LONDON, February 7, 2012

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

- Knowing when to come in out of the rain; ...

- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- And maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, launched a lawsuit and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death,
-by his parents, Truth and Trust,
-by his wife, Discretion,
-by his daughter, Responsibility,
-and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 5 stepbrothers;
- I Know My Rights
- I Want It Now
- Someone Else Is To Blame
- I'm A Victim
- Pay me for Doing Nothing

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June-29-2013 at 11:50am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: July-15-2013 at 12:07pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

WOW!   Idiot quote of the day ... by another entertainment person who obviously thinks that her stupidity carries some weight.

"All white people kill blacks or something".  ~Kirstie Alley~

....so, she is including herself in that ignorantly racist remark?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: July-20-2013 at 6:43am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

How many times in this nation's great history has a president called a news conference to support racial discord and incite civil unrest? Only once, and we saw that history made yesterday. Yesterday's comments by this person who is supposed to be a leader were nothing less than astonishing ... even from him. Just another well calculated step toward the desired martial law. The most racially divisive .. well, the ONLY racially divisive ... leader this country has ever had. We as a nation are in deep trouble, and we are being hustled down a path to destruction of our society. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a president who is a calming influence, one who strives to bring people together ... rather than one who constantly demonstrates a goal of "divide and conquer"? Much too big of a racial chip on his shoulder to be an effective "leader".....

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: August-22-2013 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

When you change the way you look at things
... the things you look at will change.

~Wayne Dyer~

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September-19-2013 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Do you ever get up in the morning, look in the mirror, and think "That can't be accurate"?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September-21-2013 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain Dance.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November-17-2013 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November-22-2013 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-09-2013 at 12:14am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

People can't concentrate properly on blowing other people to pieces if their minds are poisoned by thoughts suitable to the twenty-fifth of December.

~Ogden Nash~

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December-14-2013 at 10:19am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May-28-2014 at 7:58am | IP Logged Quote SpeedRacer2  

I know that when I pray, something wonderful happens. Not just to the person or persons for whom I'm praying, but also something wonderful happens to me. I'm grateful that I'm heard.

~ Maya Angelou, 1928-2014 ~

Edited by SpeedRacer2 on May-28-2014 at 8:04am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Page of 41
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version